From: Fat-Zer <fatzer2@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] [kde-sunset] sys-apps/hal
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 03:04:59
1 2012/11/19 Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com>:
2 > On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 6:51 AM, Serghei Amelian <serghei@××××.ro> wrote:
3 >> On Monday 19 November 2012 14:42:27 Fat-Zer wrote:
4 >> [...]
7 > I would try Serghei's suggestion; automake complains about
8 > AC_LANG_SOURCE and several GTK_DOC macros, probably because the
9 > interfaces for them (or the macros themselves) have changed. To fix
10 > it, maybe you could try to install an old version of automake and
11 > gtk-doc, but I don't think you can do that without downgrading many
12 > other parts of your system.
13 I've checked gtk-doc: the dev-util/gtk-doc-1.17 was released in 2006
14 and and version 1.18 in 2007. It doesn't seems that ebuilds got some
15 notable changes since then.
16
17 About automake: with versions prior or equal to 1.8 it fails on
18 aclocal stage: https://gist.github.com/4115294
19 With all newer versions got the same automake error.
20 It seems for some reason it doesn't includes gtk-doc.m4. Have automake
21 got some sort of include or includedir statement for those files? Or
22 does them affected by any ENV ?
23
24 > Serghei's suggestion sounds just like what you need; you don't
25 > actually want HAL, just the capabilities it provides, and udisks does
26 > that.