From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] [kde-sunset] sys-apps/hal
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 18:06:23
1 On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 6:51 AM, Serghei Amelian <serghei@××××.ro> wrote:
2 > On Monday 19 November 2012 14:42:27 Fat-Zer wrote:
3 > [...]
4 >
5 >> > Whatever you are trying to do, installing HAL is not going to help you
6 >> > do it; on the contrary.
7 >>
8 >> I know it's obsolete/outdated/deprecated etc, but I still use kde3 so
9 >> I need id for ordinary mount support...
10 >> I believe that I can overcame most of compilation-time problems
11 >> related with new kernel/library API, I understand that with that I'm
12 >> on my own... but autotools messages are still completely unclear for
13 >> me and I can't handle them my self, so I'm asking for a little support
14 >> with it.
15 >
16 > You can borrow my udisks2 backend.
17 > https://github.com/serghei/kde3-kdebase/tree/master/kioslave/media/mediamanager
18 >
19 > Check how OpenSUSE people integrates it into OpenSUSE's KDE3.
20
21 I would try Serghei's suggestion; automake complains about
22 AC_LANG_SOURCE and several GTK_DOC macros, probably because the
23 interfaces for them (or the macros themselves) have changed. To fix
24 it, maybe you could try to install an old version of automake and
25 gtk-doc, but I don't think you can do that without downgrading many
26 other parts of your system.
27
28 Serghei's suggestion sounds just like what you need; you don't
29 actually want HAL, just the capabilities it provides, and udisks does
30 that.
31
32 Regards.
33 --