From: Serghei Amelian <serghei@××××.ro>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] [kde-sunset] sys-apps/hal
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 15:06:11
1 On Monday 19 November 2012 14:42:27 Fat-Zer wrote:
2 [...]
3
4 > > Whatever you are trying to do, installing HAL is not going to help you
5 > > do it; on the contrary.
6 >
7 > I know it's obsolete/outdated/deprecated etc, but I still use kde3 so
8 > I need id for ordinary mount support...
9 > I believe that I can overcame most of compilation-time problems
10 > related with new kernel/library API, I understand that with that I'm
11 > on my own... but autotools messages are still completely unclear for
12 > me and I can't handle them my self, so I'm asking for a little support
13 > with it.
14
15 You can borrow my udisks2 backend.
16 https://github.com/serghei/kde3-kdebase/tree/master/kioslave/media/mediamanager
17
18 Check how OpenSUSE people integrates it into OpenSUSE's KDE3.
22 Serghei