From: Fat-Zer <fatzer2@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] [kde-sunset] sys-apps/hal
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 18:05:03
1 2012/11/19 Serghei Amelian <serghei@××××.ro>:
2 > On Monday 19 November 2012 14:42:27 Fat-Zer wrote:
3 > [...]
4 >
5 >> > Whatever you are trying to do, installing HAL is not going to help you
6 >> > do it; on the contrary.
7 >>
8 >> I know it's obsolete/outdated/deprecated etc, but I still use kde3 so
9 >> I need id for ordinary mount support...
10 >> I believe that I can overcame most of compilation-time problems
11 >> related with new kernel/library API, I understand that with that I'm
12 >> on my own... but autotools messages are still completely unclear for
13 >> me and I can't handle them my self, so I'm asking for a little support
14 >> with it.
15 >
16 > You can borrow my udisks2 backend.
17 > https://github.com/serghei/kde3-kdebase/tree/master/kioslave/media/mediamanager
18 >
19 > Check how OpenSUSE people integrates it into OpenSUSE's KDE3.
20 Thanks for propose, As you could noticed, I'm also building trinity
21 now, and I want to install hal also for test of its workability there.
22 I know that it would be dropped there too but for stable branch I want
23 make it to work. Also one of my acquaintance also wants to see hal
24 working...