From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gregkh@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: eudev project announcement
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 06:51:43
1 >>>>> On Mon, 17 Dec 2012, William Hubbs wrote:
2
3 > This all started with the April 2012 council meeting when it was
4 > pushed through that separate /usr without an initramfs is a
5 > supported configuration, so yes, the previous council started this
6 > issue.
7
8 Sorry, but that's not an accurate account of what the council has
9 decided on. What we voted on in the April 2012 meeting was this:
10
11 <ulm> The question is: "Decide on whether a separate /usr is still
12 a supported configuration."
13
14 And later in the same meeting (yes, I know it's probably not enough
15 context, so read the full log [1]):
16
17 <ulm> _AxS_: we should make sure that there's reasonable
18 documentation about setting up an initramfs though
19 <_AxS_> ulm: oh yes -- i was figuring the solution on how to
20 support separate /usr with new udev would be tabled at the
21 mext meeting (if necessary)
22 <Chainsaw> _AxS_: I would recommend raising the implementation
23 details for next meeting, yes.
24 [...]
25 <dberkholz> the implementation details are my concern, but that's
26 not the vote.
27 <ulm> o.k., that's 5 yes 1 no then
28
29 Ulrich