From: Jean-Michel Smith <jsmith@××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o, Rufiao <rufiao@×××.net>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Linux 1.3a Final Overview
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 09:21:22
1 On Thursday 13 June 2002 10:37 am, Rufiao wrote:
2 > Some issues:
3 > kdemultimedia only compiles with -O2
4
5 that was my experience as well
6 > openoffice
7
8 open office compiled for me (haven't actually tried running it yet though,
9 since the compile just finished this morning).
10
11 xine-ui however does not compile, and there ARE bugs with libarts or with xmms
12 and how they interact (bug #3712), so having to back kde multimedia off to
13 -O2 might perhaps be a symptom of something deeper that gcc 3.1 is
14 uncomfortable with? (I was compiling for a dual P3/1GHz, using the standard
15 optimizations as with gcc 2.95, except where, e.g. kdemultimedia and some
16 gnome libraries, I had to back off to -O2).