From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: flameeyes@×××××××××.eu
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Defaulting desktop profiles to net-nds/openldap[minimal]
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2012 08:43:56
1 On Sat, 01 Dec 2012 15:16:49 -0800
2 Diego Elio Pettenò <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu> wrote:
3
4 > So Thomáš posted today [1] that the new LibreOffice 4 is going to _need_
5 > an LDAP provider in the future because they are not going to keep it
6 > optional as it is now. Right now, the only provider we have in portage
7 > (as far as me and him can tell) is openldap (although mozldap also exists).
8 >
9 > This made me cringe for a moment because I really don't want to have the
10 > OpenLDAP server installed on my laptops, but then I realize that there
11 > _is_ a minimal USE flag that only installs the library. But of course,
12 > that's not the default.
13
14 How about splitting the ebuild into separate library and server
15 and fixing the deps? It would be cleaner for people, and we'd just
16 release a news message that those who need an LDAP server, need to put
17 it in their @world.
20 Best regards,
21 Michał Górny