From: Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis <arfrever.fta@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Maintainer needed: dev-libs/icu
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 03:19:59
1 2012-10-29 23:07:15 Diego Elio Pettenò napisał(a):
2 > c) try to get betas and rcs in asap _but masked_;
3
4 >=sys-devel/gcc-4.7.0, whose usage is required to trigger some problems, is already package.masked.
5
6 > d) call for a tinderbox run (I can do that with a quick email);
7
8 One of major problems with this tinderbox is that it cannot be used to test packages against newer versions of packages
9 present in overlays [1], but it can be very useful. E.g. before release of Python 3.3.0 I had tested about 200 packages
10 against snapshots of Python 3.3 found in an overlay. Besides founding problems in about 10% of packages, I also found
11 some regressions in Python 3.3 [2], which were later fixed before final release of Python 3.3.0.
12
13 > In this case all should have stopped at a) since libreoffice-bin has a
14 > =49* dep, for obvious reasons.
15 >
16 > Since there was no hurry of security issues to get icu-50 in, I don't
17 > see why this was all forced through -50_rc without giving time to the
18 > _one_ package that was using an older version to update.
19
20 Maintainers of app-office/libreoffice-bin always build it against stable versions of its dependencies,
21 so maintainers of app-office/libreoffice-bin can be asked to build it against ICU 50 after stabilization of ICU 50.
22
23 [1] http://blog.flameeyes.eu/2010/08/fixed-in-overlay-read-not-fixed
24 [2] http://bugs.python.org/issue15925
25 http://bugs.python.org/issue15926