From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Maintainer needed: dev-libs/icu
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 22:08:01
1 On 29/10/2012 14:37, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
2 >
3 > Anyhow, the question really remains, how to "deeply" test this package
4 > before adding it to the tree even ~arch?
5
6 a) check that there is nothing depending on =${oldver} — if there is,
7 notify maintainer;
8 b) check the documentation to see if there is something extremely
9 obvious that will break (with icu unfortunately that doesn't happen);
10 c) try to get betas and rcs in asap _but masked_;
11 d) call for a tinderbox run (I can do that with a quick email);
12
13 In this case all should have stopped at a) since libreoffice-bin has a
14 =49* dep, for obvious reasons.
15
16 Since there was no hurry of security issues to get icu-50 in, I don't
17 see why this was all forced through -50_rc without giving time to the
18 _one_ package that was using an older version to update.
21 Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
22 flameeyes@×××××××××.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/