From: IeS <ies@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Some apache+php related question
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 23:34:11
1 Hi,
2 I have some question about apache & php question:
3
4 1. What is the reason behind disable EXPAT_RULE on Apache configuration
5
6 2. I think so many default extension for php (4.0.5) compilation. gd &
7 friend no needed by every server. Yes we can edit ebuild file for
8 customizations but this is not a flexible way. I suggest all extension
9 activate with USE.
10
11 3. xml is compiled by default on php-4.0.5, why gentoo use sablotron for --
12 with-xml.
13
14 5. I have compiled SELF-CONTAIN extension (as explain on README.SELF-
15 CONTENT-EXTENSION). I try mysql example and bzip2, but when I issue dl
16 ('bz2.so') on php script result on error about the library no php library.
17
18 6. Another question, why libqt2.la not present on qt-2.3.0 package. This
19 need if we want to compile static php module for apache with --qtdom
20 extension.
21
22 Thx
23