From: AGottinger@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Some apache+php related question
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 12:27:06
1 IeS wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi,
4 > I have some question about apache & php question:
5 >
6 > 1. What is the reason behind disable EXPAT_RULE on Apache configuration
7
8 This is neccesary for the AxKit extention.
11 > 2. I think so many default extension for php (4.0.5) compilation. gd &
12 > friend no needed by every server. Yes we can edit ebuild file for
13 > customizations but this is not a flexible way. I suggest all extension
14 > activate with USE.
15
16 hrm, I agree making gd/freetype/t1lib triggerable via USE=gd, and maybe
17 gmp.
18 But all the other extendions, these USE flags whould be only used by
19 php.
20 >
21 > 3. xml is compiled by default on php-4.0.5, why gentoo use sablotron for --
22 > with-xml.
23
24 xml support for php requires the libs coming with libwww. We had a USE
25 flag for libwww,
26 thats why the --with-xml configure option in php is triggered via
27 libwww. of cause we can change
28 the variable name for additional sablotron support from xml to
29 sablotron.
32 > 5. I have compiled SELF-CONTAIN extension (as explain on README.SELF-
33 > CONTENT-EXTENSION). I try mysql example and bzip2, but when I issue dl
34 > ('bz2.so') on php script result on error about the library no php library.
35
36 hrm, I dunno what u mean here.
39 > 6. Another question, why libqt2.la not present on qt-2.3.0 package. This
40 > need if we want to compile static php module for apache with --qtdom
41 > extension.
42
43 No other package beside php whould require libqt2.a, I will take a look
44 at the qt package,
45 it's allways a good idea to add static libs too.
46
47 bye achim~
50 > Thx
51 >