From: IeS <ies@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Some apache+php related question
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 21:09:57
1 >> 2. I think so many default extension for php (4.0.5) compilation. gd &
2 >> friend no needed by every server. Yes we can edit ebuild file for
3 >> customizations but this is not a flexible way. I suggest all extension
4 >> activate with USE.
5 >
6 > hrm, I agree making gd/freetype/t1lib triggerable via USE=gd, and maybe
7 > gmp.
8
9 > But all the other extendions, these USE flags whould be only used by
10 > php.
11
12 Seem no problem
13
14 >> 3. xml is compiled by default on php-4.0.5, why gentoo use sablotron
15 >> for -- with-xml.
16 >
17 > xml support for php requires the libs coming with libwww. We had a USE
18 > flag for libwww,
19
20 But if we compile PHP with minimal parameter ./configure --with-apxs,
21 phpinfo() report XML is enable. xml support with bundled expat lib.
22
23 > thats why the --with-xml configure option in php is triggered via
24 > libwww. of cause we can change
25 > the variable name for additional sablotron support from xml to
26 >sablotron.
29 >> 5. I have compiled SELF-CONTAIN extension (as explain on README.SELF-
30 >> CONTENT-EXTENSION). I try mysql example and bzip2, but when I issue dl
31 >> ('bz2.so') on php script result on error about the library no php
32 >> library.
33 >
34 > hrm, I dunno what u mean here.
35
36 This is PHP module which activated by extensions=... on php.ini, or by dl()
37 function.
38
39 Thanks Mr. Achim for your very valueble help.
42 Ies
45 Dapatkan email gratis di www.eramuslim.com