From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Git braindump: 2 of N: developer interaction (merge co-ordinators)
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2012 17:03:29
> But IMO, discussing this now is a kind of premature optimization. > We should try to just do the simple thing (everyone commits to the > main tree), and if there are too many push races we can re-evaluate > the issue. [...]
And then what? Would returning to CVS be an option? I for my part would be strongly opposed against a system that doesn't allow individual devs to push to the tree, and that would involve "merge lieutenants" or anything similar. So I think these issues must be discussed before the transition, otherwise a situation could arise where we were forced to switch to such a system for "technical reasons". Ulrich