From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Preventing $ARCH flags in USE
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 06:05:20
1 On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 08:01:46 +0200
2 Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> wrote:
3 > > While I don't necessarily disagree with you, my impression is that
4 > > most people tend to think that certain profile-specific flags such
5 > > as userland_* and kernel_* should be considered as implicit members
6 > > of IUSE and therefore they shouldn't be explicitly listed in in
7 > > IUSE.
8 >
9 > Yes, IMO mainly because they should never explicitly be set by users,
10 > so they shouldn't get a hint they can set it either.
11
12 That's covered by USE_EXPAND_HIDDEN...
15 Ciaran McCreesh