From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Preventing $ARCH flags in USE
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 06:01:54
1 On 15-09-2008 13:20:23 -0700, Zac Medico wrote:
2 > > For future EAPIs, ARCH could be a regular USE_EXPANDed flag as you
3 > > suggest, and package managers could filter any flag in USE which is
4 > > not listed in IUSE.
5 >
6 > While I don't necessarily disagree with you, my impression is that
7 > most people tend to think that certain profile-specific flags such
8 > as userland_* and kernel_* should be considered as implicit members
9 > of IUSE and therefore they shouldn't be explicitly listed in in IUSE.
10
11 Yes, IMO mainly because they should never explicitly be set by users, so
12 they shouldn't get a hint they can set it either.
16 Fabian Groffen
17 Gentoo on a different level