From: Arun Raghavan <ford_prefect@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Time based retirements
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 12:38:20
1 On 21 December 2012 18:02, Arun Raghavan <ford_prefect@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 21 December 2012 17:36, Ciaran McCreesh
3 > <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 >> On Fri, 21 Dec 2012 09:21:57 +0000
5 >> Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
6 >>> Your tone is not appropriate for discussion. If you don't like the
7 >>> existing policy, bring it to the list with a better
8 >>> attitude so we can try and discuss it. But given that you want to pick
9 >>> a fight with your email, I will most likely ignore this
10 >>> thread and keep doing our job like we do for many years.
11 >>
12 >> http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m93x01rSVK1qjvxfho1_1280.jpg
13 >
14 > And that also makes a convenient way to always ignore the tone of an
15 > argument, regardless of whether it is justified or not.
16 >
17 > I find that Markos' objection is not unfounded and your argument is
18 > irrelevant here.
19
20 To expand on that a bit -- it's fair game to discuss whether we should
21 give more leeway before pinging idle devs, but pouncing on the people
22 doing to work of trying to make sure packages don't fall off the radar
23 and remain unmaintained is counter-productive and detrimental.
26 Arun Raghavan
27 http://arunraghavan.net/
28 (Ford_Prefect | Gentoo) & (arunsr | GNOME)