From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [GLEP] Use EAPI-suffixed ebuilds (.ebuild-EAPI)
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 03:20:35
1 On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 11:09:44 +0800
2 Zhang Le <r0bertz@g.o> wrote:
3 > no slang in one's words is just a minimum requirement of
4 > communication.
5
6 There was no slang. That was plain English.
7
8 > I see it differently.
9 > Everyone participated in this discussion has shown their concerns
10 > about their distro.
11 > If someone don't understand, we should help them to understand, not
12 > just exclude them from this discussion.
13 > They should learn, however we should at least give them directions.
14
15 Which is all very well, but highly impractical. If someone wants to
16 write up a document explaining the metadata process then they're more
17 than welcome to -- but there are much more useful things that could be
18 documented if people had time...
21 Ciaran McCreesh