From: Zhang Le <r0bertz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [GLEP] Use EAPI-suffixed ebuilds (.ebuild-EAPI)
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 03:14:48
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 14:54:10 +0100
3 > "Denis Dupeyron" <calchan@g.o> wrote:
4 >> On Dec 20, 2007 12:12 PM, Ciaran McCreesh
5 >> <ciaran.mccreesh@×××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
6 >>> I'm guessing there're lots of people moaning because they think they
7 >>> understand filenames and can therefore comment. Unfortunately, most
8 >>> of those people don't understand the metadata generation process,
9 >>> and therefore can't comment usefully...
10 >> Stop guessing, then. You're way off. You apparently do not understand
11 >> that an assertion without justification has no value in a serious
12 >> discussion.
13 >
14 > I was being nice. Next time I'll post a list of names of people who
15 > don't understand the metadata generation process and who therefore
16 > can't comment usefully...
17
18 no slang in one's words is just a minimum requirement of communication.
21 >> And sorry to disappoint you but you're not alway
22 >> right. You have to give people a chance to contradict you, for your
23 >> own good.
24 >
25 > People who know what they're talking about are more than welcome to
26 > contradict me. People who don't understand what's being discussed
27 > (which is most people in this thread) need to learn to stop wasting
28 > people's time.
29
30 I see it differently.
31 Everyone participated in this discussion has shown their concerns about their
32 distro.
33 If someone don't understand, we should help them to understand, not just
34 exclude them from this discussion.
35 They should learn, however we should at least give them directions.
38 Zhang Le, Robert
39 GPG key ID: 1E4E2973
40 Fingerprint: 0260 C902 B8F8 6506 6586 2B90 BC51 C808 1E4E 2973
41 --
42 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list