From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo: State of the Union
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 15:19:56
1 Luca Barbato wrote:
2 > Alexandre Buisse wrote:
5 >>[1] http://mail.opensolaris.org/pipermail/tools-discuss/2006-April/000366.html
6 >>[2] http://www.opensolaris.org/os/community/tools/scm/bzr-eval/
7 >>[3] http://www.opensolaris.org/os/community/tools/scm/dcm_evaluation_mercurial/
8 >>[4] http://www.opensolaris.org/os/community/tools/scm/git-eval.txt
13 > Those figures are slightly old, some of the issues are probably
14 > addressed both on mercurial and git.
15 >
16 > I'd say that both are nice and are probably a good solution.
17 >
18 > if there is space and cpu I'd like to have someone playing with them and
19 > send benchmark results.
22 I am currently working on this, I have a page under
23 proj/en/infrastructure where I am describing my efforts but I need a bit
24 more time to make it pretty ;) Currently cvs2svn is almost done, and
25 git cvsimport is chugging along. Not really a fan of bzr for us but we
26 use it for pkgcore, so I'll fire that up as well.
27
28 I haven't looked at mercurial but it is on the list ;)
29
30 -Alec Warner
31
32 > Mercurial should use a bit less disk and git should be a little faster
33 > and with better merge/conflict resolution features.
34 >
35 > lu
38 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list