From: Gerald Schneider <g.schneider@×××.de>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] still can't update Portage
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 10:54:16
1 in the [gentoo-user] mailinglist nobody could help me so far ... so I try it here...
2
3 I still have the problem that I can't upgrade Portage.
4 The last version I can install and use is 1.8.8-r1.
5 every time I try to upgrade (to any higher version) I get the same error
6 (attached to this mail as "portage_install.log").
7 When I try to use the rescue archive in the portage-files dir I get
8 errors too (attached as "portage_rescue.log").
9
10 After the (failed) installation portage doesn't work anymore. I get the
11 following messages, regardless what package i want to merge:
12
13 -- snip --
14
15 phreak files # emerge portage
16 Traceback (most recent call last):
17 File "/usr/bin/emerge", line 872, in ?
18 if "noclean" not in portage.features:
19 AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'features'
20
21 -- snip --
22
23 Luckily I can remerge the last working version manual via
24 ebuild-commands. (trying to install newer versions via ebuild commands
25 didn't work either).
26
27 I'm completely out of options now ... I'll be glad if anybody could help
28 me.
29
30 Greets,
31 Gerald