From: "Jared H. Hudson" <jhhudso@××××××××××.com>
To: Gerald Schneider <g.schneider@×××.de>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] still can't update Portage
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 15:51:30
1 I'm willing to bet that your problem is that your python
2 symbolic link is not set to python2.2
3
4 do a ls -l `which python`
5
6 If it doesn't point to python2.2 do
7 ln -s python2.2 python while in that directory.
8
9 -Jared H.
10
11 On 8 Apr 2002, Gerald Schneider wrote:
12
13 > in the [gentoo-user] mailinglist nobody could help me so far ... so I try it here...
14 >
15 > I still have the problem that I can't upgrade Portage.
16 > The last version I can install and use is 1.8.8-r1.
17 > every time I try to upgrade (to any higher version) I get the same error
18 > (attached to this mail as "portage_install.log").
19 > When I try to use the rescue archive in the portage-files dir I get
20 > errors too (attached as "portage_rescue.log").
21 >
22 > After the (failed) installation portage doesn't work anymore. I get the
23 > following messages, regardless what package i want to merge:
24 >
25 > -- snip --
26 >
27 > phreak files # emerge portage
28 > Traceback (most recent call last):
29 > File "/usr/bin/emerge", line 872, in ?
30 > if "noclean" not in portage.features:
31 > AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'features'
32 >
33 > -- snip --
34 >
35 > Luckily I can remerge the last working version manual via
36 > ebuild-commands. (trying to install newer versions via ebuild commands
37 > didn't work either).
38 >
39 > I'm completely out of options now ... I'll be glad if anybody could help
40 > me.
41 >
42 > Greets,
43 > Gerald
47 Using the internet as it was originally intended...
48 for the further research of pornography and pipebombs.