From: Meir Kriheli <mksoft@×××××××××××××.il>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Installer for Gentoo
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2002 03:52:38
1 On Saturday 01 June 2002 00:31, Victor R. Prada wrote:
2 > Hello Everybody
3 >
4 > As i told you last week i'm working in an installer for Gentoo. I'm
5 > basing my work in thr Red Hat's installer Anaconda.
6 > Today i test the first beta installer and it appears to be working. With
7 > this installer we can detect hardware, make the system partitions,
8 > create user accounts, configure timezone, etc
9 >
10 > After the installation process all that i had to do was an emerge rsync
11 > and that's all.
12 > I need to fix some details, but i think that for the next week the
13 > installer will be fully funtional, later i will write an email to
14 > everybody with futher technical details
15 >
16 > Thanks
17 > Víctor Prada
18
19 As I'm set to write one myself I'm interested to see it. The most important
20 for me is the i18n abilities (mostly interested in BiDi - enabling to display
21 Hebrew/Arabic in the installer).
22
23 Have you given a thought to those issues ?
24 --
25 Meir Kriheli