From: "Victor R. Prada" <vprada@g.o>
To: gentoo-core <gentoo-core@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Installer for Gentoo
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 16:29:40
1 Hello Everybody
2
3 As i told you last week i'm working in an installer for Gentoo. I'm
4 basing my work in thr Red Hat's installer Anaconda.
5 Today i test the first beta installer and it appears to be working. With
6 this installer we can detect hardware, make the system partitions,
7 create user accounts, configure timezone, etc
8
9 After the installation process all that i had to do was an emerge rsync
10 and that's all.
11 I need to fix some details, but i think that for the next week the
12 installer will be fully funtional, later i will write an email to
13 everybody with futher technical details
14
15 Thanks
16 Víctor Prada