From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: grobian@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: new virtual for initscripts function
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 21:24:23
1 Hi Fabian,
2
3 On Mon, Jul 04, 2011 at 07:56:25PM +0200, Fabian Groffen wrote:
4 > Just one little note, which is that Prefix is stuck with a modified
5 > version of baselayout-1. If your virtual is going to make it possible
6 > to have no openrc, or some openrc-light, then that would certainly
7 > improve things from our perspective.
8
9 I want to make it possible to switch between different "service
10 managers". This would be things like openrc or systemd.
11
12 I don't know how prefix works really, but I am guessing that you do not
13 need a service manager right?
14
15 William