From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: new virtual for initscripts function
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 06:27:40
1 On 04-07-2011 16:23:11 -0500, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > On Mon, Jul 04, 2011 at 07:56:25PM +0200, Fabian Groffen wrote:
3 > > Just one little note, which is that Prefix is stuck with a modified
4 > > version of baselayout-1. If your virtual is going to make it possible
5 > > to have no openrc, or some openrc-light, then that would certainly
6 > > improve things from our perspective.
7 >
8 > I want to make it possible to switch between different "service
9 > managers". This would be things like openrc or systemd.
10 >
11 > I don't know how prefix works really, but I am guessing that you do not
12 > need a service manager right?
13
14 At the moment, this is the case, yes. However, our ideal is to
15 eventually have one that works inside the Prefix environment to e.g.
16 start/stop databases, etc.
20 Fabian Groffen
21 Gentoo on a different level