From: Jeremy Maitin-Shepard <jbms@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] unmaintained app-portage packages
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 07:11:56
1 Luke-Jr <luke-jr@g.o> writes:
2
3 > On Thursday 27 November 2003 09:48 pm, Tim Yamin wrote:
4 >> I would be happy to pick any of these KDE apps up and maintain and fix
5 >> them providing somebody can provide me a TODO of what people need.
6 > It might just be me, but I think KPortage should be rewritten to be a
7 > toolkit-independent tool with KDE Control Center, GNOME's equivalent, and
8 > generic X11 frontends...
9 [snip]
10
11 If you want a "toolkit-independent tool," you might as well just write
12 another toolkit that abstracts the various toolkits. (Of course, then
13 you might decide you need to make the tool independent of the toolkit
14 abstracter, and so you write another toolkit to abstract the
15 abstracter.) This all seems like a lot of work to make the buttons
16 match...
17
18 (Just my $0.02)
22 Jeremy Maitin-Shepard