From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: wolf31o2@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Bug voting
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 18:42:46
1 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2
3 > What we will see is voting on lots of feature enhancements, which is
4 > good, as it will give us a clue on what our users want from us. What we
5 > won't see is much voting on bugs that are actual bugs. At least, not on
6 > the ones we can actually fix. When I spend time working on Gentoo, any
7 > enhancements *always* take back seat to actual bugs, and always will no
8 > matter how high they get "voted" simply because we should solve the
9 > problems with things we're already supporting, before adding more
10 > potential problems to the mix.
11
12 I should note that infrastructure is working on a survey system so we can get
13 more feedback from our users on features/etc. Not sure how this can be tied to
14 this bug voting thread, but I thought I'd at least let this be known. Its still
15 being worked on atm, but its in the works for the long run at least.
18 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
19 Gentoo Infrastructure
20
21 ---
22 Public GPG key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
23 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
24
25 ramereth/irc.freenode.net