From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [OT] pkgcore bountry or contract work
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2015 21:37:00
1 On Sun, 22 Feb 2015 03:32:58 +0700
2 C Bergström <cbergstrom@×××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > PathScale is interested to hire a full time dev (for at least a few
5 > months) in order to bring pkgcore back to life.
6 >
7 > General goals
8 > 1) Make it capable of parsing/handling the current portage tree (We'll
9 > contribute all this work upstream/open source)
10 >
11 > 2) Improve the web based front-end
12 > https://github.com/dol-sen/CoreBuilder/tree/master/corebuilder
13 > (some, but not all of this work may be open sourced)
17 I will give commit capability to whomever does do the work on
18 CoreBuilder, I will also create the porthole/backends portion of
19 porthole's SF repo there for as much of the backend changes that are
20 not Pathscale specific. I did have intention of splitting the backends
21 portion from porthole's main pkg anyway.
22
23 I just wish I had more time myself, but I've gotten caught up in too
24 many projects at the moment.
27 > misc other python coding.. etc
29 > If we fail to find an interested and qualified candidate I'll probably
30 > post bounties
31 >
32 > Please reply offlist
33 >