From: "C Bergström" <cbergstrom@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [OT] pkgcore bountry or contract work
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2015 21:54:00
1 On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 4:36 AM, Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Sun, 22 Feb 2015 03:32:58 +0700
3 > C Bergström <cbergstrom@×××××××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> PathScale is interested to hire a full time dev (for at least a few
6 >> months) in order to bring pkgcore back to life.
7 >>
8 >> General goals
9 >> 1) Make it capable of parsing/handling the current portage tree (We'll
10 >> contribute all this work upstream/open source)
11 >>
12 >> 2) Improve the web based front-end
13 >> https://github.com/dol-sen/CoreBuilder/tree/master/corebuilder
14 >> (some, but not all of this work may be open sourced)
18 > I will give commit capability to whomever does do the work on
19 > CoreBuilder, I will also create the porthole/backends portion of
20 > porthole's SF repo there for as much of the backend changes that are
21 > not Pathscale specific. I did have intention of splitting the backends
22 > portion from porthole's main pkg anyway.
23
24 Thanks I really appreciate this. Would you ever consider moving this
25 away from SF and to github instead?