From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Default src_install for EAPI-2 or following EAPI
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 06:38:50
1 >>>>> On Wed, 24 Sep 2008, Steve Long wrote:
2
3 > As I said; generality in lib functions seems like a useful thing.
4
5 Other ebuild variables are space separated lists, so why should DOCS
6 be an exception?
7
8 So far nobody has shown a real-life example of an existing ebuild that
9 could profit from the array syntax.
10
11 > There's a quote I read from what is imo a classic computing text[1]
12 > (from the 70s, never seen it referenced in any papers or anything):
13
14 > "Why do we never have time to do it right,
15 > but always plenty of time to do it over."
16
17 "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem."
18 - Joh. Clauberg (1654)
19
20 Ulrich