From: waltdnes@××××××××.org
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Signed push & clock drift rejection
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 02:21:40
1 On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 11:27:09PM +0300, Andrew Savchenko wrote
2 >
3 > As I wrote earlier in this thread, ntp server is not a guarantee
4 > that such problems will not happen. If hardware clocked was
5 > significantly offset during boot, it may take several _hours_ for
6 > ntp to fix this via clock skew. Apparantly commit may be made
7 > during these several hours.
8
9 I'm amazed that "robust linux servers" are deathly afraid of simply
10 setting the time, and being done with it. And while we're at it, if a
11 developer is doing development on a server machine, he may have other
12 problems to worry about. At home I occasionally manually run a script
13 that includes the 2 lines...
14
15 /usr/bin/sudo /usr/bin/openrdate -n -s ca.pool.ntp.org
16 /usr/bin/sudo /sbin/hwclock --systohc
19 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
20 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications