From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: williamh@g.o, Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] eselect init
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 16:55:19
1 On Sun, 26 May 2013 11:48:30 -0500
2 William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 11:41:06AM -0500, William Hubbs wrote:
5 > > On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 11:55:24AM +0200, Luca Barbato wrote:
6 > > > Openrc is small, but the wrapper really needs to know which is which and
7 > > > worst case switch inittab.
8 > >
9 > > Please explain why this wrapper would need to switch inittab. Inittab is
10 > > only used by sysvinit and has no uses in any other init system.
11 >
12 > Ok, sorry, I was wrong in my previous msg, now I see that bb-init has
13 > its own inittab with a different format.
14 >
15 > How about patching bb-init so that it can handle a sysvinit inittab?
16
17 Er, isn't that too far to diverge from upstream? If we're to patch
18 something, I'd rather patch it to use a different path.
21 Best regards,
22 Michał Górny