From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] eselect init
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 16:48:50
1 On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 11:41:06AM -0500, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 11:55:24AM +0200, Luca Barbato wrote:
3 > > Openrc is small, but the wrapper really needs to know which is which and
4 > > worst case switch inittab.
5 >
6 > Please explain why this wrapper would need to switch inittab. Inittab is
7 > only used by sysvinit and has no uses in any other init system.
8
9 Ok, sorry, I was wrong in my previous msg, now I see that bb-init has
10 its own inittab with a different format.
11
12 How about patching bb-init so that it can handle a sysvinit inittab?
13
14 William