From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Please retain authorship of contributed patches
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2016 00:21:56
1 On Wednesday, November 30, 2016 9:23:56 PM EST Andrey Utkin wrote:
2 > I'm quite sure this angry rant won't be pleasant to read for anybody,
3 > but still I believe this post serves the good of Gentoo and this issue
4 > is technical enough to be discussed on gentoo-dev. Also gentoo-pr list
5 > seems retired anyway.
6 >
7 > This is a second time I've got into a situation when a new ebuild
8 > submitted by me gets to mainline with minimal changes but not retaining
9 > my authorship at all.
10
11 IMHO this is someone Recruiting should be tracking and getting in touch with.
12 Recruiting should be proactively looking for contributors and encouraging them
13 to become Developers. That way there is no need to proxy and any potential
14 issues that can arise from such.
15
16 Less contributors, more developers :)
19 William L. Thomson Jr.