From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Tree breakage
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 22:16:37
On Thursday 01 April 2004 04:05 am, Spider wrote:
> I'm growing a bit tired of all you folks you consiously brak the tree > and introduce update-blockers by not re-generating Manifest files when > you commit.
i'm probably the biggest person who does this ... and the reason i mentioned before is that manifests mean nothing ... the 'security' they were designed to offer is non existent and as such, i never felt they were worth regenerating if we had, say signed manifests, i would most def make sure to use all the proper tools to make sure the packages were signed properly ... -mike -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list