From: foser <foser@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Blog GLEP
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 13:01:20
1 On Thu, 2004-08-19 at 12:38 +0000, Kurt Lieber wrote:
2 > If it makes you feel more warm and fuzzy, replace "successful" with "used".
3 > My point, which you seem to have overlooked, was that if this product is
4 > not being used, we should not waste the time and resources to support it.
5
6 The requirements made make it cost much more time & resources. Just
7 point devs to the numerous free blogs & let there just be a planet alone
8 on gentoo.org, then it will be not half as time consuming to set up I
9 bet.
10 You could eventually add extra's (like on-site blogs) if it works out.
11 If it doesn't, then nobody will miss it if its gone & it will be much
12 easier to ditch (just having the planet page gone).
13
14 > Others will call me crazy, but I'm still confident that, one of these days,
15 > you're going to post an email to a gentoo mailing list that is positive,
16 > uplifting and doesn't leave the reader feeling like they want to commit
17 > suicide after they've finished reading it. I still have hope in you,
18 > foser!!!
19
20 Amen to that brother, let's hold on to our faith.
21
22 - foser