From: Mivz <mivz@×××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] GPL and Source code providing
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 09:25:50
Hello,

I have just read the following story, which scared me a bit:

http://software.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=06/06/23/1728205&tid=150

Does this obligation, to provide your own source, also count for a none
Gentoo developer making a overlay tree for one of his projects which is
licensed under de GPL-2? Because that is a derived distro form Gentoo
right?
Would that mean that, if u write software using the portage system, that
every package that is used by one of your own should be available from a
server of your own?
If, the developer should also provide it's own file server with all
those packages, this would cause that every developer that wanted to
make a overlay should be a Gentoo file mirror?

Do my senses run wilde? Your just my imagination?
Do I understand this right?

Mivz