From: Mounir Lamouri <volkmar@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: ACCEPT_LICENSE default value (GLEP 23)
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 21:01:14
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Fri, 29 May 2009 19:17:03 +0200
3 > Mounir Lamouri <volkmar@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Most of GLEP 23 features have already been implemented in portage.
6 >> Some since
7 >> a long time (at least in stable portage) like multiple licenses and
8 >> conditional
9 >> licenses. License group and ACCEPT_LICENSE is already implemented in
10 >> portage 2.2 (masked).
13 > The main show-stopper for this last time it came up was all those X
14 > packages using their package name as a licence. Have you thought of how
15 > to get that glaring QA issue addressed?
16 >
17 That's a very bad issue I never heard about before.
18 I would say there is the easy workaround: we fix ACCEPT_LICENSE="*
19 -@EULA" and this issue will never pop with a "default" configuration.
20
21 But I don't like it because anyone setting ACCEPT_LICENSE to anything
22 will stuck in in.
23 So, why not creating a Generic-Free-License that could be set for
24 packages with no clear/clean license but still free. The con of this
25 solution is we will surely lost some information because we can set
26 LICENSE="Generic-Free-License" or LICENSE="|| ( Generic-Free-License
27 MyCreepyLicense )" because we need to have at least
28 LICENSE="Generic-Free-License".
29
30 I see no other options.
31
32 If anyone has an idea or suggestion...
33
34 Mounir