From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: ACCEPT_LICENSE default value (GLEP 23)
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 21:08:22
1 On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 23:01:04 +0200
2 Mounir Lamouri <volkmar@g.o> wrote:
3 > > The main show-stopper for this last time it came up was all those X
4 > > packages using their package name as a licence. Have you thought of
5 > > how to get that glaring QA issue addressed?
6 >
7 > That's a very bad issue I never heard about before.
8 >
9 > I see no other options.
10 >
11 > If anyone has an idea or suggestion...
12
13 Honestly, I suggest you find some poor sucker to do what the xorg team
14 should have done two years ago. It's a fair bit of work to fix all the
15 licences, but it's the best long term solution. Perhaps you could ask
16 the Council to see if they could nominate it as a special priority
17 project and encourage every developer to fix one package.
20 Ciaran McCreesh