From: Stefan Schweizer <genstef@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Project Sunrise -- Proposal
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 00:31:25
1 Markus Ullmann wrote:
2 > 2) Not one large tree but subdirs, one per herd
3 >
4 > to help herds better keeping track of which parts are alive in the
5 > overlay, each herd's ebuilds are grouped in a subdir, e.g. there will be
6 > a netmon/ dir with net-analyzer/specialapp below it.
7
8 A better solution is mentioned in the FAQ
9
10 --snip--
11 I want to see all the ebuilds in sunrise that affect my herd, is that
12 possible?
13
14 Yes, we have hacked up a script in scripts/create-stats.sh for the moment,
15 that will give you all packages, bugs and CC:
16
17 sys-auth/pam_skey - bug 55279 - on CC: jakub pam-bugs taviso
18 maintainer-wanted
19
20 You might want to run it with your herd or maintainer as argument to get
21 filtered output:
22
23 scripts/create-stats.sh pam-bugs
24
25 --snap--
26
27 If there is real interest in subdirs for other reasons than listing packages
28 by herds I would like to hear them. For the moment we are still discussing
29 everything as mentioned on the wiki:
30
31 "WARNING: This is currently under creation and review - fundamental changes
32 may still take place"
33
34 Please work with us in IRC to make it please everyone.
35
36 - Stefan
39 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list