From: gabriel russell <grussell@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] hidden dependences on termcap.
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 20:48:16
1 I did an emerge -p depclean and saw that libtermcap-compat had no
2 dependents. After unmerging it, I noticed that mplayer was nonfunctional
3 because of it's broken linkange to libtermcap. When I re-emerged
4 mplayer, it worked fine.
5
6 I ran ldd on /bin/* /usr/bin/* and grep'd for termcap, finding that
7 wdiff was also linked to termcap. I tested that it actually didn't work
8 and then that it did work after I re-emerge it.
9
10 I think that this is a bug of sorts. I think that termcap needs to be
11 added as a use flag for those programs, or removed from their configure
12 scripts.
15 Gabriel Russell
16 Software Engineer
17 CheetahMail, an Experian Company