From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] hidden dependences on termcap.
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 20:52:09
1 On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 16:48:16 -0400 gabriel russell
2 <grussell@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 | I did an emerge -p depclean and saw that libtermcap-compat had no
4 | dependents. After unmerging it, I noticed that mplayer was
5 | nonfunctional because of it's broken linkange to libtermcap. When I
6 | re-emerged mplayer, it worked fine.
7 |
8 | I ran ldd on /bin/* /usr/bin/* and grep'd for termcap, finding that
9 | wdiff was also linked to termcap. I tested that it actually didn't
10 | work and then that it did work after I re-emerge it.
11 |
12 | I think that this is a bug of sorts. I think that termcap needs to be
13 | added as a use flag for those programs, or removed from their
14 | configure scripts.
15
16 See bug, er... *thinks*... 64212.
19 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, Sparc, Mips)
20 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
21 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm