From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Reserve slurm user and group uid/gid 500/500
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 19:45:45
1 On Fri, 2019-08-23 at 15:40 -0400, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 > On 8/23/19 3:27 PM, Alexey 'Alexxy' Shvetsov wrote:
3 > > +DESCRIPTION="User for the slurm - Highly Scalable Resource Manager"
4 > > +ACCT_USER_ID=500
5 > > +ACCT_USER_HOME=/var/lib/slurm
6 > > +ACCT_USER_HOME_PERMS=0770
7 > > +ACCT_USER_GROUPS=( slurm )
8 >
9 > If your package uses that directory, I would recommend you not rely on
10 > it being created (with special permissions) as a side effect of
11 > installing the acct-user package:
12 >
13 > https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/message/fc55ac57cd92d9c1e156d13c882b08cf
14 >
15 > That used to be acceptable, since the "enewuser" command with the home
16 > directory was part of the package that used that directory. But now that
17 > the user data are in another package, we can't depend on them reliably.
20 ...and why is that, exactly? Are you assuming that someone will take
21 over the dedicated user for another purpose and change its home
22 directory?
25 Best regards,
26 Michał Górny