From: Jeremy Maitin-Shepard <jbms@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Wikis
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 22:35:11
1 Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o> writes:
2
3 > [snip: reasons for keeping official documentation static]
4
5 There are advantages in allowing the documentation to be dynamic, but I
6 won't mention them because there is no need for such I discussion. As I
7 believe I stated in the message to which you replied, I would not
8 suggest that a wiki be used for official documentation -- rather, I
9 would suggest that it be used for development of documents prior to
10 publication as official documentation and for hosting and development of
11 documentation that is not likely to become official (such as the
12 tutorials currently found in the forums).
15 Jeremy Maitin-Shepard