From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] genkernel 3.4.11.1 released
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 20:58:46
1 On 01/20/11 21:45, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 3:38 PM, Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> wrote:
3 >> Like Jeroen, I don't think new package releases should be announced on
4 >> these developer-related lists.
5 >
6 > Tend to agree, at least in general. If a genkernel upgrade impacted
7 > multiple teams/etc, such as requiring changes to install media, or the
8 > handbooks, etc, then I'd consider it completely fair game for the
9 > lists. Likewise if some big change that will really impact the distro
10 > is being considered I'd consider that fair game as well.
11
12 Fair point.
13
14 I'll keep posting to Planet Gentoo. How about gentoo-dev-announce?
17 > That said, there are some nice genkernel changes being made and I for
18 > one appreciate them (even though I don't yet run it - the mdadm
19 > inclusion will probably push me over the edge)!
20
21 If you get the chance please try genkernel-99999 (five nines) exposing
22 the experimental branch. That may save both of us the trouble to fix
23 things post release.
24
25 Best,
29 Sebastian