From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo internal structure
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 20:26:25
1 On Sat, 2003-11-22 at 02:32, Jon Portnoy wrote:
2 > Quick poll of people reading this thread: Would you like to see the
3 > removal of nonfree software from the tree? That means things like
4 > vmware, the java packages, etc.
5 >
6 > Or perhaps someone should start a poll in the forums in Gentoo Chat
7 > about it.
8
9 So many other people have summed it up so well.
10
11 People who want only free software, you have your choice.
12
13 But don't take away mine.
14
15 Removing all non-free software from the Portage tree and telling me to
16 find it elsewhere is not a choice. One of the reasons I use Gentoo is so
17 I don't have to look all over the Internet when I want to install a
18 program, like I did when I used an RPM-based distribution.
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list