From: 320095285153-0001@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Tom
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 06:48:45
1 Gabriel wrote:
2
3 > I'd love to get that working myself. I have a Ross SparcPlug, running Debian
4 > right now. My priority is to get what you have already put together to work
5 > on my machine :). That being said, there isn't much reason Gentoo couldn't work
6 > on the Sparc, and I'd be glad to help with it. The sticking point is that as of now
7 > (afaik) there is no GRUB for sparc. We'd have to use SILO. Not a big deal.
10 Fine, we only need a dep package for portage and spython first, maybe spython should place
11 the libs to
12 a special subdir so id not intereferes with deb's python. I have no experienve with
13 dep-packages, can you
14 try to to this?
17 > Yeah, everyone has an idea, but y'all are doing the work :) I do have a thought
18 > though. I got Debian Hurd running a couple of weeks ago, and it has come a long
19 > way. With the next iso bundle (Hurd-E1), I really think there could be a
20 > foundation for the first non-debian hurd release. Gentoo would be perfect.
21 > Especially if the base system only included FSF software. That's another
22 > thing I'd be interested in playing with.
23
24 Sounds like a big piece of work. :-)
25
26 achim~
30 > > >
31 > > > Please send me you ppc, alpha, i64, mips, sparc machines and I will do the ports. :-)
34 > gentoo-dev mailing list
35 > gentoo-dev@g.o