From: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] `paludis --info' is not like `emerge --info'
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 03:55:54
1 On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 9:19 AM, Andrew D Kirch <trelane@×××××××.net> wrote:
2 > Why is it inappropriate to discuss the poor UI, and implementation of
3 > software we use especially in open source?  Maybe if we're closed to
4 > valid argument against poor methodology we can fail like everyone else
5 > who develops closed minded (Debian) and closed source (long list here)
6 > software.  Larry the Cow is deeply disappointed in you sir.
9 Discuss, sure. Flamebait, no. If you flame, the other side gets a
10 license to flame. Let's keep things civil, and restrict ourselves to
11 technical critique. If you want things to prevent war, measure
12 yourself with the same yardstick as you expect others to be.
13
14 That will be all,
15
16 Thank you.