From: Andrew D Kirch <trelane@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] `paludis --info' is not like `emerge --info'
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 04:42:36
1 Nirbheek Chauhan wrote:
2 > On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 9:19 AM, Andrew D Kirch <trelane@×××××××.net> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Why is it inappropriate to discuss the poor UI, and implementation of
5 >> software we use especially in open source? Maybe if we're closed to
6 >> valid argument against poor methodology we can fail like everyone else
7 >> who develops closed minded (Debian) and closed source (long list here)
8 >> software. Larry the Cow is deeply disappointed in you sir.
12 > Discuss, sure. Flamebait, no. If you flame, the other side gets a
13 > license to flame. Let's keep things civil, and restrict ourselves to
14 > technical critique. If you want things to prevent war, measure
15 > yourself with the same yardstick as you expect others to be.
16 >
17 > That will be all,
18 >
19 > Thank you.
22 I reject the premise that war should always be prevented. I am however
23 concerned that criticism where criticism is due is flame baiting.
24
25 Andrew