From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: glibc-2.16 moving to ~arch
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 17:57:06
1 On 30/10/2012 10:46, Duncan wrote:
2 > ... I've been running gnutls-3.x for some time (at one point it was
3 > needed for the live-git pan I run), tho I had to remask gnutls-3.1.3 as I
4 > experienced some problem (IDR what) with it. But I'm running 3.1.2
5 > without issue.
6
7 I've been using gnutls-3 on one of my devsystems as well, it's just as
8 you can see from a tracker that some software is still working properly.
9 But today's screwup with libtasn1 3.0 shows that we really can't keep it
10 masked much more.
11
12 > What gnutls-3.1.x are you planning to unmask? Do I need to try 3.1.3
13 > again and file a bug (if there's not one filed already) if the problem
14 > still exists, or is 3.1.2 good enough?
15
16 Given that 3.1.2 is not in tree anymore there's no choice uh? Beside, I
17 don't go masking micro versions around. If you think there's a problem
18 with 3.1.3, please test and let us know as I haven't hit any (that's
19 what I've been using myself, and testing the tinderbox against).
20
21 > FWIW, I also recently did a full emerge --empty-tree @world too, so there
22 > shouldn't be any hidden problems lurking around to bite on either
23 > package, at least with my @world and USE flag combo, either.
24
25 The only big problem we're going to hit as I said is that Boost 1.50-r1
26 and 1.51 don't use eselect boost any longer, which means that the
27 reverse dependencies need to be updated. Scarabeus was looking into it
28 earlier today, I was waiting to hear from him as I don't want to go near
29 Boost in the near future if I can avoid it.
32 Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
33 flameeyes@×××××××××.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/